Lasagne alla Bolognese
… because i had it at someone’s home whilst in italia last month. she used less meat and sauces than the recipe calls for, and snuck in a sliced hard boiled egg (a la miglierese moda). so, my destination recipe won’t be as heavy as this one.
Ragù alla bolognese / Bolognese sauce
Broth of meat 250 ml (1 cup)
Butter 50 gr (3.5 tablespoons)
Beef minced/ground beef 250 gr (8.8 oz)
Pork minced/ground/chopped (thigh) 250 gr (8.8 oz)
Milk 1 cup
Olive oil 4 tablespoons extra virgin
Bacon (stretched or rolled) 100 gr (3.5 oz)
Pepper, a sprinkling
Tomatoes, passed 250 ml (or 30 g of triple concentrated) 250 ml = 8.54 oz
Celery 1 stalk
Wine 1 cup red
- chop onion, carrots and celery and fry in a pan with the olive oil and butter
- Finely chop bacon and a few minutes later
- Add the ground beef
- Fry together for a few minutes over high heat
- Add the red wine and let it evaporate while maintaining the heat.
- Add above mixture (or the tomato paste dissolved in a little broth), broth, pepper and a pinch of salt and let it cook in the pot partially covered for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally and adding broth and finally the remaining milk.
Besciamella / Bechamel Sauce
Ingredienti / Ingredients
Butter 100 g (7 tablespoons)
Flour 100 g
Milk 1 liter
Nutmeg a pinch
Salt a pinch
(1) Put the butter in a saucepan
(2) let it melt and
(3) add the flour sifted making it cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly and avoiding them take color or make it stick.
Assemblare le vostre lasagne / Assemble your lasagna
Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
(1) Butter the roasting pan
(2) spread a couple of tablespoons of bolognese sauce
(3) pasta layer
(4) cover with plenty of Bechamel Sauce
(5) bolognese sauce and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese
(6) pasta layer
(7) Bechamel Sauce
(8) bolognese sauce and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese
(9) pasta layer
(10) mix remaining Besciamella and Bolognese sauces and put on top
(11) sprinkle top with plenty of Parmesan cheese
Bake for at least 50-60 minutes, checking every now and then cooking the pasta will be ready when they have taken a beautiful complexion and a golden crust. Once ready, remove from the oven and let the lasagna cool for 10 minutes, then cut into the pan and serve while still hot.
and a giant green salad to offset the heavy fatty ingredients. but, everything in moderation, ya know?
a green salad from freshy D
Update Sat 9/29/12
I made this last week and it came out great!!! I highly recommend this recipe. Altho next time I will use a tad less béchamel sauce.